Given the sheer variety of deck designs out there, it is not hard to come up with some unique covered patio ideas that look great. The type of patio covering that you choose will depend on a number of factors including your aesthetic preferences and the prevailing weather conditions.
More severe weather such as harder rain and stronger winds may require a more sturdy covering. Covered patio design ideas can be quite varied, however, so you are sure to find one that suits you ideally. Here are just a few ideas.
Simple Sun Shades
This is obviously most useful if you live in an area that has many extremely bright sunny days that present a risk of sunburn. In these cases, a simple covering is very useful to make everyone more comfortable and lessen the need for sunscreen.
Awnings and Arbors
As patio cover designs go, awnings and arbors sit somewhere in the middle in terms of installation complexity. These methods can be very simple or more elaborate, and run the gamut from simple fabric coverings not too dissimilar to a sun shade to beautifully designed hardwood structures that provide a semi-permanent shield against sun, wind and rain.
If you need more than just a sun shade but do not want to go all the way to an actual roof, then these are a good choice.
Some people decide to protect themselves against all kinds of weather, from extreme sun to severe wind and rain. For those who live climates that are more changeable, dedicated patio roofing is perhaps the best option.
This often takes the form of an extension of the house’s actual roof, and is designed to blend in seamlessly with the design of the rest of the house. This is a permanent solution and can be expensive, but it is also the best option for complete weather protection.
Covered patio ideas run the gamut from extremely simple sun shades to heavy, complex and expensive roofing constructions. Which option suits you best will depend on your personal preferences and your local weather.
No matter what kind of patio covering you choose, you can be sure to find a great deal of cosmetic variation, with many different decorative designs that can suit any home.
- Great Covered Patio Design IdeasWith few exceptions, you will find that the best covered patios are the ones that employ the best designs. This is true with all home decorating, indoors or out. The reason is that when you have good plans, you can be reasonably sure that the final product will be a...
- Beautiful Patio Cover Designs And IdeasBeautiful patio cover designs and ideas are easy to find when you know where and what to look for. Guests and family members will truly enjoy sitting outside in the spring and summer sun under a carefully selected and creatively designed patio cover. Today’s designs easily reflect personal styles and...
- Patio Shades for Your DeckA popular add-on to many homes is the outdoor patio, a place of relaxation and fun for the entire family. The patio can range from a simple wood deck attached to the back of the home to a more elaborate enclosure featuring a pool and barbeque area. With the right...
- Protect Your Porch or Patio From The Sun With Awnings and CoversHaving a porch or patio is a great outdoor feature on a home, and although it is a great way to enjoy the fresh air and beauty of outdoors, it is also recommended that you have some sort of covering overhead so that you can be protected from the sun,...
- Patio Sets – a Great SelectionIn looking at what stores have to offer when it comes to patio sets, you may notice that there is much more variety than ever before. In fact, there are sometimes as many different types or styles in garden furniture as you will find choices offered in interior furniture. Many...